Saturday, April 9, 2011

I with Myself

Take care of seconds; minutes will take care of themselves,
Take care of You; The World will take care of itself,
You always say, "The World is so ugly, not worth living",
Saying so, have you ever seen the World inside yourself?


I stopped for a while, spared a thought to the above line,
Wasn't that an utter nonsense, a sheer waste of time ?
It's the others who need to improve, I was born faultless,
It's you with zillion imperfections, I am just the perfect;


Shrugging off my shoulders, I just moved ahead,
The distance to be covered was still more, time was less,
But as you know I always had been a believer of short-cut,
And the greenery in my pockets is loved too much;



A few hassles here and there, I reached my destination,
Ecstatic as I was, I started a huge celebration,
In that frenzy I saw all the people are of my kind,
So perfect, So faultless yet So dark, so selfish;

Now I realize what I see outside is what I am Inside,
I was always a success, an achiever but was never right,
The World was never Ugly, But today it appeared so fair,
Funny But true, to know me I needed someone to hold mirror.

10 comments:

  1. A very true thought, that the world's a mirror of one's own mind. Nicely written, 'greenery in my pockets' :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all for writing ..
    @ Gautham : ha ha .. U gt it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice lines man!! "to know me I needed someone to hold mirror".that put up a smile on my face!yeah that happens :)
    LIKES !!! :) thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely perfect... and baba without ur knowledge, u r actually holding mirror for many others through this blog... Keep writing more.. :) Thumps up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "what I see outside is what I am Inside."vry tru ,, again gud one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely written.. :) seems like a poem..
    Though its a fact but who cares.. its always I Me Myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. really wel written...philosophical though practical..!! very practical i must say..!!! lines evryone mentioned.."shruggin my shoulders " "greenery in my pocket"...though some this attitude of " i dont care" falls ryt on you..in this social environ it s th relations that matter too..." apna vinay settin khan kyun tha, sumant bhi saare kaam karva leta tha " that s jus realtion....
    but in al really nicely written..!!!") super duper like..!!!
    ash:)

    ReplyDelete